Jam it up this season with great flavours!
Strawberry jam is the obvious choice, and pretty much everyone likes it. Therefore I bet you already know how to make it?
So I have decided to be different and let you in on another, different recipe... delicious lemon marmalade!
Make sure you have your Commichef Maslin pan... and away we go!
- Chop lemons. Remove as much white pith as possible and keep separate. Place pith and pips into a jam bag, and place the flesh, juice and shredded zest into a pan with water.
- Bring to boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1hr/until peel is soft. Remove the bag of pith, squeezing out any juic into the pan and then discard the pith completely.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Bring back to the boil and boil rapidly for 20min/until setting point is reached.
- Reduce nicely.
- Remove pan from from heat while you test to see if it has set. To do this, drop a blob of your marmalade on a cold saucer and poke it with your finger. If it wrinkles up, it is ready to go! If not- keep boiling.
- Transfer into sterilised jars, top with a paper disc and close lid tightly.
If you like the look of our Maslin pan, go to the Where To Buy page and find your nearest stockist!